Data protection provisions
Names and contact details of the responsible entity and, where applicable, its representative:AdDefend GmbH
represented by the CEO Dominik Reisig, Michael Reese, Thomas Richter
The data we collectWe collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Contact information
- Social media identifiers
- Online identifiers
- Communication (mailings)
- Quality assurance
- Your consent, Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR
- For the performance of a contract with you, Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR
- Legitimate interests, Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR (see below)
- Improving our offer
- Protection against abuse
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal dataWhen processing your data, we work with the following service providers who have access to your data:
- Web Hosting providers
- Providers of Social Media Platforms
- Advertising Networks (for insertion of advertising)
- Providers of Web Analytics Tools
Duration for which the personal data are stored:We store your data
- if you have consented to its processing, at most until you revoke your consent;
- if we need the data to perform a contract, at most as long as the contractual relationship with you exists or legal retention periods are running;
- if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, at most for as long as your interest in deletion or anonymisation does not become more important.
Data sourcesWe receive the data from you (including via the equipment you use).
Data transmission to third countriesData are transmitted to third countries outside the European Union. This is done on the basis of statutory contractual provisions that are intended to ensure adequate protection of your data, and which you can examine upon request.
The right of information and rectification or erasure or restriction of processing, or the right of opposition to processing and the right to data portability:You have the right – sometimes under certain conditions – to
- request information about the processing of your data,
- correct your data,
- have your data deleted or blocked,
- have processing of your data limited,
- object to the processing of your data,
- receive your data in a transferable format and transmit it to a third party,
- revoke your consent for the processing of your data for the future, and
- complain to the competent supervisory authority about inadmissible data processing. The competent supervisory authority is the Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (HmbBfDI).
Requirement or obligation to provide data:Unless specifically stated at the time your data is elicited, you are not required or under any obligation to provide data.
Further information on data protection
1. Automatic storage of access dataEach time you access AdDefend GmbH’s website, the access data for the transaction is automatically saved in a log file. This concerns general information such as the page from which the file was requested, the name of the retrieved file, the date and time of the request, the amount of data transferred, the protocol used and the own descriptions sent by the Internet browser and possibly the operating system.
This general information will be anonymised, so it will not be stored together with your personal data that may be available at the AdDefend GmbH and will not be merged with it in any other way. They are only evaluated for statistical purposes and used to improve the content and functionality of the website. There shall be no transfer of this data to third parties for other non-commercial or commercial purposes. The access data in the log file are stored for a maximum of 4 weeks.
3. Mailings (by post and by e-mail)If you have subscribed to the AdDefend GmbH agency group’s mailings, AdDefend GmbH will process the personal information that you have provided us with to inform you of news from the agency group.
You agree that a regular dispatch of newsletters by e-mail or post may be made to the contact details you have provided (postal address, e-mail address). Before the e-mail newsletter is sent out, it will be verified beforehand that you are the owner of the specified e-mail address or that the owner agrees to receive the newsletter.
To manage the address data and to send the newsletter, AdDefend GmbH uses a data processing company. The service provider has access only to the personal information needed to fulfil the contract. Your address data are not used by the service provider or by AdDefend GmbH itself for other purposes. AdDefend GmbH concludes a corresponding data processing contract with the service provider, which meets the requirements of Art. 28, 29 GDPR.
You can informally object to this processing at any time both by post to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Google Analytics Advertising feature uses remarketing and demographics and interests reporting. The purpose of these procedures is using the user behaviour information to align advertising measures more closely to the interests of the respective user. Based on your surfing behaviour, our website can display personalised advertising on other websites as part of remarketing. The advertising media may contain products that you previously viewed on the our website. If you’ve consented to Google linking your web and app browsing history to your Google Account and using information from your Google Account to personalise your ads, Google will use that information for cross-device remarketing. You may object to the collection of your data through Google Analytics at any time. The following options are available:
You may also prevent Google LLC from collecting and processing this information by downloading and installing the browser add-on available from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Alternatively, or within browsers on mobile devices, click on the following link: Deactivate Google Analytics An opt-out cookie will be stored on the AdDefend GmbH user device for AdDefend GmbH web pages with effect for the currently used browser. If the cookies are deleted in this browser, this link must be clicked again.
5. Use of Google remarketing for interest-based advertisingGoogle’s remarketing technology will redirect users who have already visited our websites to the Google Partner Network pages through interest-based advertising. With the help of cookies, interests can be analysed when you visit the website and then used for relevant product advertising.
If users have consented to Google linking their web and app browsing history to their Google account, and using information from AdDefend GmbH’s Google account to personalise ads they see on the web, Google will use that logged-in user’s data along with Google Analytics data to create and define audience lists for cross-device remarketing. Google Analytics will track Google-authenticated IDs of these users to support this feature. Google’s personal information is temporarily linked to AdDefend GmbH’s Google Analytics data to build audiences.
For more information and ways to disable this advertising, please visit http://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/anonymous?hl=de(Link “Display Settings”, then “Deactivation”).
8. TwitterOur website contains plugins of the short message network of Twitter Inc. (Twit-ter) integrated. You can recognize the Twitter plugins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons). When you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the contents of our pages on your Twitter profile. This enables Twitter to assign the visit to our pages to your user account. If you do not wish Twitter to associate your visit to our pages with your visit, please log out of your Twitter account. For more information, please see the Twitter Privacy Statement ((https://twitter.com/privacy).
9. LinkedinOur website uses functions of the LinkedIn network. The provider is LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Every time you access one of our pages that contains functions of LinkedIn, a connection to LinkedIn’s servers is established. LinkedIn is informed that you have visited our website with your IP address. If you click on the “Recommend button” of LinkedIn and are logged into your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn is able to associate your visit to our website with you and your user account. We point out that we as provider of the pages have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and their use by LinkedIn.
10. XingOur website includes functions of the “Xing” service, which is operated by XING AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. When you activate and use the plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to Xing’s servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Xing directly to your browser and integrated into the website. By activating the plugins, Xing receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged in to Xing, Xing can assign the visit to your Xing account. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Xing as well as your relevant rights and setting options can be found here: https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung.
11. YoutubeThis website uses the Youtube embedding function to display and play videos from the provider Youtube, which belongs to Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Moun-tain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). The extended data protection mode is used here, which, according to the provider, does not initiate the storage of user information until the video(s) are played. If the playback of embedded YouTube videos is started, the provider uses “YouTube” cookies to collect information about user behavior. According to “Youtube”, these serve, among other things, to collect video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to prevent abusive practices. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. Such an evaluation takes place in particular according to art. 6 para. 1 lit.f DSGVO on the basis of the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of personalised advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right. Regardless of the playback of the embedded videos, every time this website is accessed, a connection to the Google network “DoubleClick” is established, which can trigger further data processing processes without our influence. Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified under the us European Privacy Shield, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. Further information on data protection at “YouTube” can be found in the provider’s data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
12. MailchimpWe use the list provider MailChimp to send our newsletter. Mail-Chimp is an offer from The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318 (“Rocket”). Rocket signed the so-called “Safe Harbor Agreement” on 22 July 2008, which is a data protection agreement between the European Union and the United States. The data stored during registration is transmitted to Rocket and stored by Rocket. The data entered during registration will not be passed on to any other third parties. After registration MailChimp sends you an e-mail to confirm your registration. Furthermore MailChimp offers different analysis possibilities about how the sent newsletters are opened and used, e.g. to how many users an e-mail was sent, whether e-mails were rejected and whether users have unsubscribed from the list after receiving an e-mail. However, these analyses are only group-related and are not used by us for individual evaluation. MailChimp also uses the analysis tool Google Analytics from Google, Inc and may include it in its newsletters. Further details on Google Analytics can be found in this data protection statement under “Google Analytics”. Further information on data protection at MailChimp can be found at: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Status of this data protection declarationMay 2018
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time in compliance with legal requirements.